Wednesday 21 December 2011

Happy Feet in Boots( stilettos)

It was a double whammy of animation, CGI, 3D and IMAX. Thought It would be fun watching back to back at IMAX.

I went to watch both Puss in the boots and Happy Feet Two last night. Still wondering why I did it. Regretting? Not sure. Enjoyed it? Not sure either.
Judging by the look in her face, the husher(gate keeper in India) at BFI IMAX who I am sure thought I was weird watching them back to back. Worst even, I had booked the same seat (M18) for the both shows. There's a method to that madness. With IMAX you got to have the best seats. Preferably third or fourth row from back and in the center.

Not to mention the pre-christmas holiday buzz and all the families come to the cinema. Children running around spilling their popcorn. Parents taking them to loo in the middle of the show.

Shall we start our first venture- Puss in the Boots. It was animated. One word describes it all. Perfecto. Script so skilfully written for 3D and even IMAX, it doesn't fail to impress in that front. The twist in the traditional fairy tales and some adult jokes thrown in dos make it a good entertainer. I would say it does serve the purpose. Fine afternoon affair, nothing to take home to.

On the other hand Happy Feet Two failed to impress me. Neither script nor 3D and IMAX did anything to lift my opinion about it. But one thing did, certain homo-erotic double entendre between the characters Bill and Will, the Krills voiced aptly by two undeniably sexiest hunks in hollywood today Matt Damon and Brad Pitt. I would have loved to be in the recording studio when they were lending voices, just to view that unmissable man chemistry between them.

We have come long way in entertaining families.

No comments:

Post a Comment